Dan T. Kendall
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Seeking video and design position with responsibilities in video production, video editing, motion graphics, graphic design, marketing, and branding.
- Video and Audio Editing, Color Grading, Compositing, Keying, Motion Graphics, and Special Effects
- Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects
- 6+ years of Camera Experience including DSLR, HDV, and MiniDV
- Lighting and Sound Recording
- Photo Editing, Manipulation, and Graphic Design in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Web Design in HTML5, CSS3, Adobe Flash Catalyst and Flash Builder
- 3D Modeling and animation in Maya and Blender 3D
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Freelance Video Editor
Ubisoft in San Francisco, CA from September 2011 to Present
- Communicate with Senior Brand Manager, Senior Production Manager, and Producers at Ubisoft by phone, email, and in person to gather the details I need to edit marketing videos for their video games.
- Manage my time to produce revisions on schedule.
- Consistently receive high praise for the quality of the final videos and for my quick turnaround time.
- Completed several videos for Ubisoft games including Rocksmith, Ghost Recon Online, and Assassin’s Creed Revelations to be used for testing and marketing.
Creative Services Specialist
Cision, US in Emeryville, CA from September 2010 to Present
- Create Sizzle Videos for clients including Expedia, Sony, Virgin Atlantic, and UGG Boots highlighting their respective PR campaigns combining broadcast and print coverage.
- Manage the two person department with fellow Creative Services Specialist to ensure all projects are completed on schedule and meet our quality standards.
- Communicate directly with clients and sales team through email and conference calls to discuss the details of their video and keep everyone updated on the progress of the project.
- Design unique motion graphics bumpers and effects for each video project.
- Actively seek out internal video projects for our office and for other offices around the country including commercials and instructional videos.
- Independently developing an interactive application for presenting results and graphs of PR campaign data including audience size and publicity values using HTML5, CSS3, and Flash Catalyst.
- Office Party Planning Committee leader responsible for assigning duties and coordinating catering and supplies.
Cision, US in Oakland and Emeryville, CA from May 2008 to September 2010
- Consistently edited videos within a one hour turnaround time.
- Introduced new software and editing techniques into the department to improve the efficiency and quality of our products.
- Trained most of the new editors to join the team during my time there.
- Worked in our record room to ensure all of our video content was correctly recording from cable, national, and international TV stations.
Senior Video Editor, Web Developer, and Production Manager
BizVideosOnline.com in Pittsburg, CA from January to May 2008
- Helped the business get started with the director of Rapid Remodel TV to get into the market of online business videos.
- Created the trademark style for our videos complete with motion graphics bumpers and effects.
- Designed the business logo as well as animated it for use in our videos.
- Developed the first BizVideosOnline.com website to build up our online presence.
Director of Photography and Senior Video Editor
Rapid Remodel TV in Pittsburg and Oakland, CA from August 2007 to February 2008
- Lead our production crew in documenting the entirety of a master bedroom and bathroom remodel.
- Scheduled set up and tear down of production equipment, interviews, and lunches.
- Finalized editing of footage from previous builds into complete seasons that aired on Comcast On Demand.
- Logged and captured hundreds of hours of construction footage.
Fourth Assistant Director
- Managed all of the cast and extras and communicated between them and the director to keep everyone on task.
- Took over the duties of assistant camera operator and boom operator when those people were unavailable.
- Shot video for a behind-the-scenes documentary about the production of the movie.
- Had to negotiate the purchase of an old VW Beetle as a prop one morning before shooting started.
B.A. in Film and Digital Media, June 2007
Concentration in Production
University of California, Santa Cruz